The first bottle labels signed by Champagne Lallierdate back to 1906, when the Champagne house was founded by René Lallier (1861 – 1938), who had married into a prestigious Champenois family. Lallier has been deeply rooted in the village of Aÿ ever since. The shield that proudly adorns its labels symbolises the historical roots of the Lallier name.
In 1936, Aÿ was one of the seventeen villages to be classified as ‘‘Grand Cru” in Champagne, a clear indication of the quality of the grapes that grow on its famous hillsides and the remarkable wines they produce.
In 1996, René-James Lallier, the founder’s grandson, took the brand in a new direction. He carried out major modernisation work on the production facilities in Aÿ and refurbished the cellars in which Lallier champagnes are left to age for many years.
The Campari group acquired the House in 2020 and appointed Dominique Demarville General Manager and Cellar Master. Driven by his passionate commitment, Dominique Demarville will enrich the oenological identity of the House, which he has chosen for its creative freedom.